Parish

big_23560650_0_157-200 big_23560654_0_341-200The parish of Longhorsley St. Helen is in the deanery of Morpeth in the Archdeaconry of Lindisfarne.

Longhorsley First School

Longhorsley St. Helen’s Church of England Aided First School seeks to promote a Christian ethos in which children are challenged and encouraged to think through their own values and beliefs. For more information about the school see the school website at http://www.longhorsley-st-helens.northumberland.sch.uk/

Church of England records

Records of baptisms 1667-1959, marriages 1695-1978 and burials 1695-1981 are available at Northumberland Record Office. Bishops’ Transcripts for the period 1769-1830 are deposited at Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections, Palace Green, Durham City. The International Genealogical Index (IGI) includes baptisms 1694-1875 and marriages 1668-1876 for this parish, and Boyd’s Marriage Index includes marriages 1694-1706. A transcript of monumental inscriptions at Longhorsley (microfiche TN78) is published by Northumberland and Durham Family History Society and these records are also available in book form at Newcastle Central Library, Local Studies Department.